Disaster Management: Resilience, Response and Relief MSc (Online) (Subject to approval)
We provide participants with the opportunity to develop and expand their knowledge, understanding, and judgement of theoretical and practical disaster management and humanitarian actions.
Our online MSc Disaster Management: Resilience, Response and Relief is developed in collaboration with the School of Nursing (SN) at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU).
Underpinned by a multidisciplinary approach, the programme enables graduates to conduct theoretical and practical analysis as well as evaluation to support disaster management and humanitarian action in global health contexts.
Graduates will be equipped to work and become leaders in the fields of disaster management, humanitarianism, and related fields. This programme will further enhance students’ personal and professional development and provide important collaborative links globally.
- Applicants for taught postgraduate courses must normally possess or expect a relevant undergraduate degree at a minimum level of 2.2 (Lower second class) Honours, or equivalent alternative qualifications or experience
- English language requirements
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the following minimum English language requirement for admission purpose:
- A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 88 for the Internet-based test or 570 for the paper-based test; or
- An overall Band Score of at least 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with no less than a minimum of 6 in each of the sub-tests.
- Entry point: September 2018
- Normal duration: 2.5 years
You can apply for the course via the Hong Kong Polytechnic University website.