We are a leading global centre for the study of humanitarianism and conflict response, global health, and international disaster management.
Our work is driven by a desire to inform and support policy and decision makers, to optimise collaborations between partner organisations, and to foster increased understanding and debate within the field.
Bringing together the disciplines of medicine and the humanities to achieve these goals, HCRI aims to facilitate improvements in crisis response on a global scale, while providing a centre of excellence for practitioners in emergencies and conflicts.
HCRI attracts undergraduate and postgraduate students from all over the world and our staff and student body is truly a diverse one.
Read more about our taught programmes
- BSc International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Response
- BSc Global Health (intercalated)
- MA Humanitarianism and Conflict Response
- MSc International Disaster Management
- MSc Disaster Management: Resilience, Response and Relief (Online)
- MSc Global Health (Online)
- MSc Humanitarian Practice
- Global Health PG Certificate (Online)
- Global Health PG Diploma (Online)
- PhD Humanitarianism and Conflict Response
- Emergency Humanitarian Assistance (Professional development)
The Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute offers five scholarships of £3,000 per annum for well-qualified international undergraduate students. The awards will take the form of a scholarship against the tuition fees (which for September 2019 entry are £18,000 per annum).
- Read more about the international excellence scholarship and other sources of funding
- Read more about finance options for international students at the University of Manchester
International students at The University of Manchester
For our international students, a degree from The University of Manchester is a passport to a successful life and career. We are recognised throughout the world for the quality of our teaching, with international-standard research shaping our courses.
Each year we welcome more international students than any other UK university. Whatever you study, you’ll soon make friends from across the world.
Please contact us directly if you have any questions about international student admissions to the Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute.
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 0245
You can also join our mailing list.