Why study here?
As a leading global centre for the study of humanitarianism, conflict responses, global health, international disaster management and peacebuilding, we offer an unrivalled learning environment for students interested in pursuing careers in humanitarian aid or research.
HCRI is home to UK-Med, an NGO that provides international emergency humanitarian medical assistance to incidents worldwide.
Our community includes medical students and humanitarian professionals from a range of backgrounds.
You’ll have the opportunity to engage first-hand with the people, projects and organisations that shape humanitarian, global health, disaster management, conflict response and intervention strategy around the world.
- Learn from a multi-disciplinary team of renowned researchers and expert practitioners working on a global scale
- Gain real-world experience through work placements
- Build your professional network through our collaborative partners
- Benefit from lectures, workshops and events with key sector organisations
- Make use of some of the best teaching and learning facilities, including one of only five National Research Libraries
- Study in one of the most vibrant student cities in the United Kingdom
I have great respect for HCRI's academics and for their critical engagement with the world of humanitarian practice.Juliano Fiori / PhD candidate