Why study here?
As a leading global centre for the study of humanitarianism, conflict responses, global health, international disaster management and peacebuilding, we offer an unrivalled learning environment for students interested in pursuing careers in humanitarian aid or research.
HCRI is home to UK-Med, an NGO that provides international emergency humanitarian medical assistance to incidents worldwide.
Our community includes medical students and humanitarian professionals from a range of backgrounds. The learning experience in Manchester is enhanced by a range of other options, such as field work, placements and more.
You’ll have the opportunity to engage first-hand with the people, projects and organisations that shape humanitarian, global health, disaster management, conflict response and intervention strategy around the world.
- Learn from tutors who have led teams to sudden onset disasters, emergencies and conflicts.
- Gain real-world experience with work placements
- See what it is like doing Research around the world to gain a well-rounded perspective of some of the challenges a researcher undergoes whilst in the field.
- Connect to one of our Collaborative Partners.
- Benefit from lectures, workshops and events with key sector organisations.
- Enjoy our facilities including one of only five National Research Libraries.
- Study in one of the most vibrant student Cities in England.
Manchester has a reputation as a very forward-thinking, gritty sort of city, and I thought what better place to study peace and try and create some form of justice in the world.Eric Lepp / PhD candidate